Kim Welch Law is passionate about providing the tools and resources necessary to help individuals better understand their legal situations. As a personal injury attorney serving Las Vegas and Colorado Springs residents, Kim Welch wants you to understand the legal jargon that may be used throughout your case. Two terms that arise in legal matters are “ordinary negligence” and “gross negligence.” While these terms share some similarities, it is important to know the crucial differences between them.
As a personal injury lawyer serving the communities of Colorado Springs and Las Vegas, Kim Welch is prepared to fight for you if you were injured in a truck accident. Being involved in a commercial truck accident is not only frightening, but can also result in serious injuries. That is why Kim Welch Law is prepared to represent you, fight for rightful compensation, and make sure you can focus on what truly matters: healing physically and emotionally. If you or a loved one is injured in a truck accident, it is important to take the steps outlined below.
Steps To Take After A Truck Accident
The moments after a truck accident are usually chaotic and fast-paced. In order to be as prepared as possible in the event of a truck accident, make sure to familiarize yourself with the steps listed below.
- DO NOT admit any fault.
- It is crucial that you never admit fault or liability. Insurance companies can use this admission as a reason to withhold compensation.
- Call the police and report the crash.
- If you are able to do so safely, call the police and report the truck accident. Remember to ask the police for a copy of the accident report.. If for any reason they are unable to provide you with a copy, make sure you get a reference or case number for the accident.
- Collect evidence.
- If you are able to do so safely, gather evidence of the scene of the accident. This includes everything from taking pictures of the truck accident to collecting eyewitness statements.
- Get the information of the truck driver.
- It is important to get the truck driver’s contact information, insurance information, driver’s license information, employer’s contact information, and license plate of the truck.
- Seek medical attention.
- Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries that require medical attention. Even if you feel fine, it is important to see a doctor and receive a medical evaluation. Either go to a hospital or see your doctor as soon as possible to assess your injuries.
- Get an estimate for your vehicle.
- An important aspect of your insurance claim will be your car’s repair estimate. Before you begin to repair your car, make sure to get a vehicle appraisal. After receiving an appraisal, you will need to contact a qualified repair person to provide an estimate of your vehicle’s damages.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer.
- One of the most important parts of being involved in a truck accident is contacting a lawyer who is able to represent you and your case. A truck accident lawyer will be able to gather evidence and build your case. It is crucial to contact a lawyer as soon as possible so he/she has ample time to research your personal injury case.
Contact Kim Welch Law To Represent Your Truck Accident Case
If you or a loved one are involved in a truck accident, make sure to contact Kim Welch Law as soon as possible. Our team is prepared to gather evidence of the truck accident, speak to eyewitnesses, and make sure all legal filings are completed within the allotted time frame. Being involved in a truck accident is a scary experience, but we are here to help you as much as possible. Our top priority is making sure you are being represented fairly and fighting for you to receive the compensation you deserve. If you want to learn more about how Kim Welch Law can help you and your truck accident case, contact us today!