Kim Welch Law is passionate about providing the tools and resources necessary to help individuals better understand their legal situations. As a personal injury attorney serving Las Vegas and Colorado Springs residents, Kim Welch wants you to understand the legal jargon that may be used throughout your case. Two terms that arise in legal matters are “ordinary negligence” and “gross negligence.” While these terms share some similarities, it is important to know the crucial differences between them.
Kim Welch Law has the experience necessary to represent you and fight for your slip and fall, or trip and fall, case. Slip and fall, or trip and fall, accidents can be extremely dangerous, and can take place practically anywhere. We have detailed below what to do if you are involved in a slip and fall, or trip and fall, accident that takes place outside of work. Whether you trip on a neighbor’s property or slip on the wet floor inside a supermarket, these tips will help you focus on what you need to do.
What are Causes of A Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by a number of circumstances, including:
- Snowy or icy ground
- Wet floors
- Uneven flooring
- Lack of handrails
- Uneven sidewalks
- Trash or debris on the ground
What Are Some Injuries That Occur because Of Slip And Falls?
Slip and falls can be very serious accidents, and can cause severe injuries. It is important to always seek medical attention if you slip and fall to make sure you are okay. Some of the injuries that occur from slip and fall accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Skin abrasions and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or missing teeth
Steps To Take After A Slip And Fall Accident
If you or someone you know is injured in a slip and fall accident or trip and fall accident, it is important to take the following steps. These steps will help protect your claim while your personal injury lawyer builds your case.
- DO NOT admit fault
- Make sure you do not take any sort of responsibility for the slip and fall, or trip and fall, accident.
- Report the accident
- Whether you slipped at a store, a friend’s house, or on the sidewalk, make sure to report the accident to management, the landlord, or to the city. When you report the accident, ask the person to make an accident report and provide you with a copy.
- Collect evidence
- If you are able to do so safely, document the scene of the accident. Take photos of any hazards that were present, collect statements and contact information from eyewitnesses, and write down details of your accident while it is fresh in your mind.
- Get medical attention
- Even if you do not feel like you suffered any injuries, it is important to be seen as soon as possible by a doctor. Remember to ask for a copy of all medical records, as these will be needed later on when building your case.
- Contact a slip and fall accident attorney
- You want to make sure to contact an attorney who has experience representing clients with similar cases. Contacting an attorney as soon as possible will give him/her as much time as possible to gather evidence, conduct research, and build a strong personal injury case. There may be a statute of limitations for your case or other deadlines, so it is important to give your attorney ample time to build your case and notify the at fault parties..
Kim Welch Law Is Ready To Represent Your Slip And Fall Case
One of the most important aspects of any personal injury case is having a personal injury attorney on your side who understands the ins and outs of personal injury accidents. With Kim Welch Law, the entire team has experience in gathering evidence, conducting interviews, and creating a strong case to help clients receive rightful compensation. If you were injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, make sure to contact Kim Welch Law today!