Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
It is no wonder why motorcycles are so popular in the Colorado Springs area. The Pikes Peak Region offers countless scenic drives with majestic views that are ideal for a motorcycle trip. There is nothing quite like feeling the breeze against your face as you soak up the purple mountain majesties. Unfortunately, this leisurely activity has the potential to become deadly in the blink of an eye.
In 2020, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) reported that fatal motorcycle crashes in the state were up 12% over the year prior. Although motorcycles make up just 3% of all vehicles on Colorado roadways, they contribute to 23% of all traffic fatalities in the state. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, or if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, Attorney Kim Welch may be able to help you recover compensation for your damages.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Colorado Springs
Most people who ride motorcycles are well aware of the dangers involved. What would have been a simple fender bender in a car can be a catastrophic wreck if you are riding a motorcycle. Although passengers in cars can be injured in accidents, motorcyclists usually suffer more severe injuries.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Colorado Springs include:
- Not checking blind spots. It is all too easy for a motorcycle to get lost in a vehicle’s blind spot since they are so much smaller than cars.
- Failing to check twice. We have all probably heard the adage “look twice, save a life,” but drivers often forget to double-check for motorcycles before merging, turning, or making a lane change.
- Following too closely. Motorcycles weigh much less than the average vehicle, so they can slow down and come to a complete stop significantly faster than a car can. Drivers that don’t keep enough space between their car and a motorcycle won’t have enough time to slow or stop in an emergency.
- Not exercising caution during a left turn. Because motorcycles are so much smaller than cars, it is considerably more difficult to judge their speed of travel. When making a left turn, always take the time to more accurately gauge how fast a motorcycle is traveling before performing a left turn in an intersection.
- Distracted driving. Eliminating distractions while driving helps keep drivers aware of their surroundings, any upcoming changes in the roadway, and any other unexpected incidents that could put people at risk, whether they are drivers, motorcyclists, passengers, or pedestrians.
In the unfortunate event that you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle wreck that was the cause of someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to recovery of your damages.
Types of Compensation Available for a Colorado Springs Motorcycle Accident
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to the following types of compensation for your losses:
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property loss
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages (as well as future lost income) and benefits
- Household out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical therapy
- Funeral costs
- Reconstructive surgery
- In-home rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Change in lifestyle
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Loss of personal enjoyment
- Punitive damages
Insurance adjusters put their company’s bottom line above the interests of claimants. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney may be able to help protect your interests during a motorcycle accident claim and lead the negotiation process on your behalf.
Get Help Recovering Compensation with a Colorado Springs Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Kim Welch Law is a compassionate team of dedicated personal injury attorneys in Colorado Springs. We act on behalf of motorcycle accident victims and their loved ones. We always put our clients first and will make sure that you know and understand all of the processes and nuances involved in a personal injury claim.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to all of our injured clients and their families. This means that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by speaking with us. To chat with attorney Kim Welch and her team of experienced personal injury lawyers today, please call us at (888) 590-5510 or complete our contact form. We are waiting for your call and are here to help you during your time of need.