Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer
You buy insurance with the expectation that the insurance company will help you cover any expenses you incur in the event of an emergency. Unfortunately, insurers aren’t always there for policyholders when they file a legitimate claim. Fortunately, policyholders have legal rights in the state of Colorado, and Attorney Kim Welch is prepared to protect the rights of victims and take on bad faith insurers.
Did Your Insurance Company Deny a Valid Claim in Colorado Springs?
It is not abnormal for there to be back-and-forth dialogues between you and an insurance adjuster during settlement negotiation. Claims adjusters often have their employer’s interests in mind when making an offer, and this number typically does not match up with what you think you deserve. Disputes such as these do not necessarily constitute bad faith insurance.
However, if your insurance carrier has engaged in any of the following behaviors, they may be acting in bad faith:
- Significantly low-ball your settlement offer
- Refuse to respond to phone calls, emails, or messages
- Deny a claim without reason
- Present false evidence as justification for denial of a claim
- Delay investigation into your insurance claim
- Conduct an inadequate evaluation of your claim
- Decline to investigate your claim
- Fail to accurately explain or intentionally provide incorrect information about the terms of your policy
- Change the terms of your policy agreement without your knowledge or consent
- Require an excessive number of documents to support your claim
- Threaten you with legal action or policy changes
- Cancel your policy to avoid paying out on a claim
If you have a policy with an insurer and they are not honoring your contract’s conditions, Kim Welch Law may be able to help you recover compensation for your claim under Colorado state law. At Kim Welch Law, we are skilled in taking on insurance companies operating in bad faith. We hold insurance companies accountable by working to get them to pay you the compensation to which you’re entitled.
Types of Bad Faith insurance Claims in Colorado Springs
When insurers withhold money for reasonable claims, they make money while they leave policyholders and injured parties without the resources they need to adequately heal their injuries, replace their damages, and pay their bills.
There are several types of bad faith insurance claims in Colorado Springs, including:
- First-Party Bad Faith Claims: Your own insurance company fails to settle your claim fairly and in a reasonable amount of time.
- Third-Party Bad Faith Claims: Another party’s insurance company acts in bad faith after their policyholder was found to be liable for your damages.
- Car Insurance Bad Faith Claims: Although Colorado state law requires every driver to carry liability insurance, not all insurance companies will be willing to pay fairly for your losses.
- Home Insurance Bad Faith Claims: We buy property insurance with the trust that they will protect us when something happens to our most significant investment: our homes. However, if your home insurance carrier does not offer a settlement that sufficiently covers the agreements in your policy, they may be acting in bad faith.
- Medical Insurance Bad Faith Claims: The United States has the world’s highest healthcare expenses, so when medical insurance carriers illegitimately deny or low-ball claims, it can be literally life or death to policyholders.
- Disability Insurance Bad Faith Claims: Catastrophic injuries can render victims unable to work or provide for themselves or their families. If your insurance carrier has accused you of not being disabled or falsely accused your injury of being excluded from your policy, you could be entitled to compensation.
- Life Insurance Bad Faith Claims: Losing someone you love is one of the worst things a person can experience, especially when they were someone you depended on financially. If an insurance company denies your life insurance payout under bad faith, you need an experienced insurance bad faith attorney on your side.
Should a court find that an insurance company acted in bad faith, the policyholder may be able to recover compensation for their damages.
Hire a Highly Qualified bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in Colorado Springs
If you believe that your insurance company or a third party’s insurance company has acted in bad faith, contact Kim Welch Law today to schedule a free consultation of your situation. As a former insurance defense attorney, Kim Welch now thrives on protecting those who have been wronged by insurance agencies. Call us today at (888) 590-5510 or complete a contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation evaluation of your situation.