Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
At Kim Welch Law, we understand how scary it is to be involved in a car accident. Our team is here to support you, answer all your questions and fight for you to get the compensation you deserve! As the number of people on the road increases, so does the number of car accidents. In 2015, the CDC conducted research and found that motor vehicle crashes took the lives of over 35,000 people that year. One of the most important parts of being a knowledgeable driver is understanding your rights as they pertain to car accidents. To help you better understand your rights, our team has answered some of the most common questions we receive regarding personal injury claims and car accidents.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
- DO NOT admit any fault.
- Call the police.
- Remember to ask the police for a copy of the accident report. If for any reason they’re unable to give you an accident report, make sure to at least get a reference number for the accident.
- Take photos of the accident.
- If you’re able to do so safely, take photos of the accident as well as any conditions that may have caused the accident. It’s important to have substantial evidence when fighting a personal injury claim, including any damage done to your vehicle and the other vehicle, pictures of road conditions, and faulty traffic signs.
- Call an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Having a lawyer who’s dealt with car accident victims means they’ll understand the laws concerning car accidents. They’ll also be equipped to gather evidence, conduct interviews, build your case, and represent you in court.
Is It Okay To Continue Driving My Car After A Car Accident?
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Car Accidents?
Car accidents are frequently caused by distracted driving, poor road conditions or manufacturer errors.
What Should I Do If The Other Driver’s Insurance Company Contacts Me?
How Do I File An Insurance Claim?
What Kind Of Damages Are Covered In A Car Accident?
How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim?
If I Feel Fine After A Car Accident, Should I Still See A Doctor?
Is It Difficult To Prove That The Other Driver Was At Fault?
How Long Will It Take To Receive Compensation?
Every personal injury claim is different; therefore, every timeline is different. While there’s no set time limit for a personal injury case outside of the statute of limitations or other deadlines, your lawyer should be able to give you an estimate depending on your situation. Most cases take several months to a year; and some take over a year if serious injuries are suffered.
Hire An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it’s important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Kim Welch Law is ready to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. After you’ve been involved in a car accident, the last thing on your mind is hiring a personal injury lawyer. Although this may not seem like a priority, hiring a car accident lawyer will help you receive the compensation you deserve. If you’re ready to fight your personal injury claim, contact Kim Welch Law today!