With law offices in both Colorado Springs and Las Vegas, Kim Welch Law is happy to answer your personal injury & bankruptcy questions.
Been In a Car Accident? Live in Colorado Springs or Las Vegas? Read Our FAQs
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
The results of a study from the Insurance Research Council (IRC) suggest that hiring a personal injury attorney pays significant dividends for accident victims pursuing an auto insurance claim. According to the Consumer Panel Survey of Auto Accident Victims, “Paying for Auto Injuries,” settlements were 40 percent higher with attorney representation than without it. As a result, there has been an increase in the number of people who hire an attorney to handle their insurance claims.
Another report from the IRC titled “Auto Injuries: Claiming Behavior and Its Impact on Insurance Costs,” analyzes how lawyer representation relates to compensation from insurance companies for injury victims. The conclusion was that 85% of all the dollars that are paid out by insurance companies for bodily injury claims are paid to clients who have hired an attorney to represent them. Furthermore, the IRC found that insurance payouts are, on average, 3.5 times higher for clients who have hired an attorney than for those without one.
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Colorado or Nevada, please give us a call.
I was involved in a car accident, What should I do?
- First, confirm if anyone is hurt. If so, call 911 immediately.
- Next, collect the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number of all persons involved in the car accident, and all witnesses.
- Make, model, and color of all involved vehicles.
- License plate numbers and VIN for all involved vehicles.
- Car insurance information for all involved vehicles.
- Owner’s name, address, and phone number for all involved vehicles (note: the driver is not always the owner).
- Don’t discuss the car accident with anyone other than law enforcement and don’t take any blame.
- Take photographs of all involved vehicles, your injuries, and the accident scene.
- Call Kim Welch Law immediately for a free consultation (719) 465-1697.
What Are Some Common Types of Car Accidents?
- Rear End Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Fatal Car Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- Head-On Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- T-Bone Accidents
What Are Some Common Causes of Car Accidents?
- Drunk Driving
- Marijuana Use
- Distracted Driving
- Cell Phone Use
- Texting While Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Tired Driver
What if the person who caused the accident is uninsured and I'm injured?
- Every state varies on its liability insurance or other financial responsibility requirements for drivers.
- You may have your own insurance that will cover you.
- You need an attorney to advise you on what to do next, as there are certain steps that need to be taken in order to protect yourself. If you live near Colorado Springs or Las Vegas, call Kim Welch Law immediately for a free consultation (719) 465-1697.
Do I Need to Hire a Car Accident Injury Attorney?
You were involved a motor vehicle accident; shortly after you receive a call from the insurance company of the person who caused the collision. The common perception, especially if you have never been involved in this situation, is that you will be treated fairly and insurance companies look out for your best interest. After exchanging some information, you receive a settlement offer. You are asked to sign a full and final release, which will conclude the case and you will receive a payment, but will that payment be enough to compensate you for your damages and losses? Most of the time it is not even close to being fair and adequate compensation for your damages and losses. Kim Welch Law can get you the compensation you deserve in your personal injury case!
Our attorneys often get asked about situations like the one described above. Our professional advice is to be very careful in those situations. If you truly did not sustain any injuries from the car accident and you are positive that you have no residual pain or complications, then you probably do not need legal representation. If you were injured in the accident and continue to have pain, your case might be worth a larger settlement amount than what you are being offered. Here are only a few things that can impact your insurance claim:
- State and Local Laws and Court Decisions that the average person is unaware of
- Uninsured Vehicle
- Underinsured Vehicle
- Insurance Bad Faith or an Insurance Company’s Duty to Act in Good Faith
A Truck Accident Attorney You Can Trust. Read Our FAQs
Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Truck Accident Injury Lawyer
Kim Welch is very experienced and well versed in truck accidents and personal injury cases in Colorado Springs and Las Vegas areas. She has successfully represented victims of truck collisions, and her success record is no small part due to her years of experience in the insurance defense industry, during which time she learned about the laws and regulations for truck drivers.
Kim understands your pain and frustration, and the effects that might have on your everyday life – from the sheer physical pain to being out of work for a period of time. Kim will take the pressure of dealing with the insurance company off your shoulders and make sure your best interests are at the forefront of every conversation with them. Kim will work diligently to achieve the best outcome for your case and allow you to concentrate on your recovery and return to a regular way of life.
What Are Some Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
- Mechanical problems, such as bad brakes. According to truck inspection data, 23.7% of truck inspections reveal a broken down truck. This is almost one in four truck inspections!
- Driving too fast for the conditions of the road
- Driver fatigue
- Driver error